A Playdate and a Conversation and an Accomplishment

I enjoyed our playdate today. I got to see Sara's newest little girl, Zoe, although she was fast asleep. :) It was beautiful out today and it was nice to stand outside without being too warm or too cold. In the second picture, you can see from Katie's face how determined she is to get higher. Katie insisted on going higher every time the swing slowed down. Which is weird because Katie is afraid of heights. Katie and Avery swung most of the time. Which was nice that they both liked to do the same thing. It's not very often Katie gets to play with a friend who likes to do the same as she does. :) Avery swung in the red swing chair and was looking very cute and cool in her sunglasses today. And I am throwing in this last one because I just love it. Katie is concentrating on digging in the sand box. But it's such a sweet peaceful concentration. I just love my little girl.
This next little blurb is about potty training. On the way home, Katie and I had the conversation about pooping on the potty and going to school. I guess she had over heard Sara and I talking about it at the park. She asked me if Avery was going to go poopie in the potty so she could go to school, and I told her yes, Avery has to go poopie in the potty. So we started naming different people who have to go poopie in the potty. LOL I know wonderful conversation to be having. :) But she started getting excited and said, "So I NEED to go poopie in the potty?". And I told her yup, to go to school she would have to go poopie in the potty. So guess what happens when get home? Katie starts to go poopie in her pull up, but comes to tell me she needs potty and finishes up in the potty!!!!! For all you potty training moms who have problems getting them to go potty, you all know how excited I was! So I guess it's a trip to the store for the M&Ms and a toy I promised her if she went poopie in the potty! Now to see if the trend continues and to see if I can get to go pee in the potty on a regular basis.

And I just wanted to add this video in. Katie all of a sudden this afternoon wanted to do a puzzle. So I was able to just get the end of her working on a small puzzle and then my camera died. But you can see her working on it. She's very organized about it. She starts with one piece and pretty much goes all the way around until she's to the last corner. Oh and we also played Hi Ho Cheerio! which is a counting game Katie loves right now. And she pretty much gets it for the most part. Except she always wants it to be her turn. ;0)

Comments

One response to “A Playdate and a Conversation and an Accomplishment”

Unknown said...
March 26, 2008 at 3:25 PM

go katie, go katie! you are a lucky woman, martine :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails