It's the quiet times

Yesterday as the rain came down outside, the power went out. It's so so quiet here when the power goes out. So I took the kids to the bedroom just to lay around and let Katie color and try and get Sam to go to sleep. Sam went to sleep and Katie was coloring. I decided to read my current Dean Koontz book, Odd Hours. With the quiet and the rain beating on the house, Katie started to get sleepy so she came to lie with me. And laying there with the kids, I decided it would make a great nap time for me too. It was so nice, and such restful sleep. I was kind of disappointed when the power came back on and woke me from my nap. I kind of tend to forget how nice the quiet can be. I always hope for one rainy day at the beach. And there I will spend a rainy day just reading, walking on the beach in the rain, and napping. I can't wait, just under two weeks until our trip. Fingers crossed there won't be a hurricane to spoil everything. We did do other things yesterday besides sleep. Sam is finally big enough for his exersaucer/bouncer thingy. Which is good, because he kind of gets sick of being in the swing when I have things I have to do. Can't blame him poor thing, I would be bored out of my mind too. And Katie got to be goofy, playing around with her dollar store glasses. The child loves to try and make people laugh.

Comments

No responses to “It's the quiet times”

Related Posts with Thumbnails