I'm crafty......kind of.

So I can't sew. In fact my sewing skills are so bad that Miguel fixes our clothes. That's right you heard it. It's just not one of those talents I was blessed with. I suppose with practice...., but seriously I'm not interested in practicing. So on with what it was I made. I made tutus! Because they are super popular for little girls portraits, and there's a reason for that. A tutu makes for a sweet photo. I found this little tutorial on Flickr of all places on how to make them, bought myself some tulle and organdy ribbon, and used some older stuff from my last sad attempt at making one last year, and voila! a tutu! Very cool. I made three, light pink, magenta, and red, in Katie's size which took me about 5-6 hours total. The pink and red ones are way poofy and the magenta one is much less so. So of course last night I dragged (although in the beginning she was all gung ho about it) my little princess into the hot outdoors to try and get some pictures of her in it. She loves the tutus, hates the camera, so excuse the look on her face. So then because of the stifling heat, I decided to bring our little photo session inside. Katie wanted to play piano and I thought that might make for a cute picture. And it did. Still in the red tutu here, I just did some fun post processing on it. :) And then I noticed the light in there coming through the window was pretty. So we took this oneThere are others, but if Katie is looking at me normally she is making a silly face or a mean one. Like I said at the moment, the camera is not her friend. Which is why we didn't make it to the magenta one. And on other news, Katie starts school a week today. Tomorrow and Thursday we have meeting at her school to go over stuff. I'm a little nervous about it. I know it will all be fine, but still my nails are getting shorter every day.

Comments

No responses to “I'm crafty......kind of.”

Related Posts with Thumbnails