We learned something about cats yesterday

After a fun afternoon of swimming and boating in my sister's pool, we headed home. Sam as usual passed out in the car, and Katie was trying to fall asleep from all of the swimming and playing. But at 6pm, Katie does not need a nap. She stays up late enough as it is. So I thought she was rubbing her eyes because she was tired. But by the time we got home, Katie was screaming and crying and I could not get her to calm down. So I get us all in the house and sit Katie down to figure out what's wrong with her. I noticed her eyes are swollen, she has scratched the crap out of her neck and her face is way puffy. I know immediately what's wrong with her because I have the exact same symptoms when I get the oil from cat fur on my face. Poor thing is allergic to cats. She is my mini me in more than just looks it would appear. She is still swollen today, but much better. I explained to her that she was allergic to cats. I told her that the kitties had made her eyes swell. So later she kept telling me that there were "kitties in her eye". Too funny. Oh and no more Benadryl for Katie unless she absolutely needs it. You would think it would make her pass out. Nope, not my child. Just made her act like she'd had a few too many, if you know what I mean. She couldn't walk a straight line, her speech was slurred, and she was soooo annoying. Being goofy and silly. LOL Oh well, at least she's mostly better now. At least now I know I have got to keep her hands constantly wiped or washed when we are around cats. I didn't even see her touch any of my sister's cats, but you know 2 year olds. Sneaky little devils.

Comments

No responses to “We learned something about cats yesterday”

Related Posts with Thumbnails