So here's one for the adventures in potty training....

See this look, this is how I feel Katie feels about potty training. So we are still trying to potty train. Yes...it may be easy for some, but not with my daughter. We are getting close now though. At least now she tries to hold it and asks to go to the potty. And probably only those of you who have little kids or have potty trained will find this story amusing. The problem we are having is unless I tickle the pee out of her, she tells me, "It's too hard to get Mrs. Pee Pee in the potty.". But I digress, this post is about poop. So we have the same problem with Mr. Poo Poo. So yesterday she comes to me and says, "Mommy, I need to go poopy!". So I tell her to go on her little potty and walk away to give her some privacy. She needs it for poopy. She can do the whole take down her clothes and sit on the potty by herself. So a few minutes later she comes to get me and tells me she did it. So I go to check and sure enough there's poopy in the potty. Yay!!! I'm totally excited, we are doing the happy dance. Can you see where I am going with this? So anyway, we go to flush it down the big potty, and on further inspection of the poopy, I notice it's rather compact. More like it would be in her diaper. So I ask Katie, "Katie, did you poopy in your diaper and then put the poopy in the potty?". To which she nods and says, "Yeah, I did it!". Oh, I was so disappointed. I really thought she had actually poopied on the potty. But as I said we're getting close, just no cigars yet. I don't know if she thought that's what I meant for her to do or if she's just so smart that she figured she could trick her old Mom. I guess I am going to make sure I take down her diaper and clothes from now on.

Comments

One response to “So here's one for the adventures in potty training....”

Unknown said...
June 28, 2008 at 12:39 PM

i'm still laughing. that was funny. she's no dummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails