Katie's Letters

So I never did name letters for to put on the wall in Katie's room when she was a baby. I wanted to do it for Sam, but really felt I needed to do some for Katie too. So I took the quilt I had with her crib set, that still sits on her big girl bed, and copied some of the images onto the letter T. The T just seemed like my easiest option to start, less corners and surface area to contend with. So if you have ever seen the Tiddliwinks Bear Princess collection. That's what we had for Katie. I made the colors brighter, but the pattern is pretty much still the same. Hopefully the rest of her name will go as well or better. It's not perfect, but I did paint it completely free hand, so I don't think I did so bad. Freehand stars have to be my worst thing to try to paint, I just have a problem getting the proportions right no matter what I do. It's been awhile since I actually picked up a paintbrush to do something other than splash paint onto paper with Katie. :) Oh and it did take me 2 hours this morning to do the base coat of bright pink, let that dry and then paint everything else on it. It's not completely done. I have a couple of places I want to do more on, but a certain little someone can't contain herself when she sees a paintbrush. So I'll have to finish it when she's asleep. I have seen people charge upwards of $70 or more to paint letters to match your bedding. The paints and the letters cost me a total of $20.

Comments

No responses to “Katie's Letters”

Related Posts with Thumbnails