From mischevious little monkey to half way grown up cub scout

What seems like 10 seconds ago, I used to babysit my nephew Saturday mornings. I started watching him at 9 months old all the way until we moved 3 years ago. He is now the ripe old age of 9. Half way to being grown up. In 9 years from now, or another 10 seconds, I'll be taking pictures of him in his cap and gown. For now, he's in his cub scout uniform. Time goes by just too dang fast, ya'll, just too fast. James, or as we lovingly call him, "Smeggy" (I won't explain the nickname now, or maybe ever) spent a lot of Saturday mornings hanging out at our house. I was introduced long before we had our own kids to the world of "Playhouse Disney", which included many episodes of "The Wiggles" and other shows I can't remember now. Or maybe I choose not to remember them, who knows. Their memory slots have since been replaced by songs from "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "The Wonder Pets".
In any case, I have fond memories of playing out in the yard with a little boy who was always smiling and laughing and getting up to all sort of mischievousness, helping prepare me for the kids I would have of my own someday. Here's to you Smeggy, don't aspire to finish growing up too quickly, ok?

Comments

No responses to “From mischevious little monkey to half way grown up cub scout”

Related Posts with Thumbnails