Katie, my artist

Do you know Bendaroos? Katie is intimately acquainted with them. She luuurrvves them a lot. Enough that the other day she thought they would make great window art. And, ya know, I tend to agree with her. I turned around to find these rockin' flowers along with some assorted balloons (not pictured) plastered to the window. She actually took me by surprise because her flowers were just so awesome. You wouldn't believe what she can do with bendaroos. I should probably post more pictures of her bendaroo creations. I did happen to take a picture of her current chalkboard art. It is also totally rockin'. I added some helpful arrows and description on the off chance you weren't able to tell what things were. But honestly, I think you could tell anyway. Notice in the drawing of herself she is holding a flower? It's the little touches, the little things..... I am supposing that this is a picture of a giant Katie, although she herself didn't tell me that. She does a lot of drawings of giant people with little tiny houses. Poor giants, always stuck out in the cold. Maybe I should bring up this with Katie during our next drawing session. Maybe...
Our next art project is Christmas related and it should also be awesome, so I'll be sure to post what pictures of it I can. Although, some of it is "secret" stuff, ya know, as in presents and I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise. That would totally upset Katie. She's really into the whole giving presents this year. Hopefully she's as into that idea as she is into receiving presents.
PS, don't forget you can click on the image to see them bigger. Let me know if it doesn't work. I'm wondering if it works for everyone.

Comments

4 Responses to “Katie, my artist”

SurferWife said...
December 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM

She's good!! And unfortunately my only experience with bendaroos was in a restaurant where my husband proceeded to make a dog with a poop trailing him. We named him Poop Dog. *sigh*

Sara said...
December 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Love the Bendaroos! We need to have an artsy playdate sometime for real.
And don't worry about the giants--at this age, the things they draw as "big" are the things most important to them. People = important. Houses, not so much. :)
I LOVE how she used a sun for the I in her name. VERY creative!

Katie said...
December 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM

LOL Monique.

Awwww...I like that Sara, so the things she draws huge in her pics are what's important. We should totally do the art playdate. Maybe after Christmas though?

December 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

Genius!! I never thought of using them on the windows -- guess what we'll be doing tomorrow : )

Merry SITSmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails