Randomness of the Martine mind

So here goes. Just some random thoughts and pics from the past couple of days.
It's been a reoccurring thought lately about my weight loss. My mind still has a hard time accepting the fact that I am no longer 80 lbs heavier. Although, obviously, I am well aware that those lbs are gone. I look at size 6 clothing and can not BELIEVE that my butt is that small. I wear a medium top (small in t shirts) and again don't really believe that they will fit until I try them on. I'm wondering how long it will take for me to accept the new body I have? I still get really excited when I look in the mirror and see a slender version of myself. I look now how I only dreamed I could look 6 months ago. I've talked to others who have lost a lot of weight and they all say they've been through the same thing. So hopefully, it won't be so shocking to me anymore soon, and I can get over it. LOL It also shocks me that I let myself get as big as I did. I really didn't think I looked that big, but hindsight is always 20/20 right? I can only hope for the future, that I've learned my lesson and will never again head down that path.


So anyway, on to other things. I am getting my new and much awaited portrait lens today. Which means you can be sure to see a lot picture posts coming in the future as I get to play with it. What is this new lens you might say, well I'll tell you even if it may not mean much to you. It's an 85mm 1.8 lens. Supposed to take beautiful portraits in the right hands. So I'll be testing it out. Next weekend I am headed off to Berry College for a North Georgia photographers get together. We'll be practicing on models and learning from each other. It should be AWESOME and I am really looking forward to it.


We took Katie to the park yesterday, since it's getting beautiful here, and let her ride her bike around the park. She did amazing! Riding over a bumpy bridge and learning how to stop with the pedals and even using the pedals to slow down. Once she fell off the bike, but did she cry? Nope. She got right back on and kept going. Next step (in a year or two I think), no training wheels!


Katie enjoying riding her bike.


And then just because they are too cute and sweet. A couple of pictures of Kim and Brad's dogs who are often there in the gym to cheer us on through the workouts. :) Did I ever tell you guys how much I like to take pics?


Otis
Max

Ok. Ta ta for now...I'm off to clean...

Comments

No responses to “Randomness of the Martine mind”

Related Posts with Thumbnails