So what are the other reasons I haven't been around?

Mainly, that I took Katie out of school and that I joined the Crossfit gym with Miguel. The whole process of going to the gym, working out and coming back home takes about an hour and half. Doesn't sound like a long time, but you know there is a lot I would normally get done in an hour and a half at home. I don't know if anyone else looks at it this way, but I do. Every hour of my day basically has a goal. I don't always reach them, but the goals are there. In any case, yesterday was my first day there, we did a workout called Fight Gone Bad. I think I have posted the link before as to what Crossfit is, but in case you missed it. Check it out here. I promise, I am not crazy. :) The workouts are addicting. And the results are phenomenal. Oh and I should mention, I do the workouts way scaled down. I am not lifting 65lbs over my head, yet. Miguel has had me doing somewhat of a Crossfit workout since August. In August I wore a size 16, now a size 10. So with some prompting from Miguel, I decided to join him and actually go to the gym and workout. I am hoping to get in really good shape and get to a size 6 by next summer. As most of you women may know, it is SO hard to get from an 8 to a 6, so that's why the goal is so far out.
As to taking Kate out of preschool.... Things just were not working out for us there. Mostly it had to do with her behavior at home after school and then a few things I just did not like about her being there with a class so much younger than her. We've been doing a school type program at home, and have started a home school co-op with Robin and Mr. Caleb. It's been going really well so far and Katie loves it. She actually asks to do her "school work". Which consists of the preschool workbooks, major amounts of "art" time, some time spent trying to get her to understand how to use the computer, a good amount of story time, P.E., music time, and tomorrow we start some basic Spanish. Which by the way if you didn't know, she's half Chilean, so it's about time we start teaching it to her. Most of it she's sees as playtime with the exception being the work books. But I've been impressed with the rate she flies through those. So I'll continue to do this with her for awhile and we'll see how it goes. Hopefully well, if not, we'll figure something else out.
In any case, I'll post some pictures of her art projects later, because they are so cute and they'll give you a smile, or maybe a laugh. Till later ya'll.

Comments

No responses to “So what are the other reasons I haven't been around?”

Related Posts with Thumbnails