Picture, well, for the sake of pictures

Well practice really. After months of Miguel saying, "You should really be shooting in RAW..", I took the plunge yesterday. It just always seemed intimidating, but now I understand. You can make pictures so much brilliant and just plain better with RAW. So in any case, I took Katie to the park yesterday and we took a mini hike along the river, where I got to take some nice pictures. also took some pictures at the park itself. This one is of a new piece of playground equipment they put in. It replace the old merry go round that used to be there. Which Katie loved, but as soon as she's big enough, I'm sure she'll love this too. Here's a couple more pictures of down by the river too. I really like this one. It's just so moody. LOL The funny thing is there were all kinds of kayaks and canoes and other things on the river and I caught just the right angle to avoid all of them.Oh and here are two pictures of an interesting plant that was growing along the river. I really like how these pictures turned out. Taking pictures in RAW definitely opened a whole other world to me and an understanding of how some pictures come about. I could never quite figure out how people with the same camera as I, could get pictures with such brilliant colors. Now I am sure there is more to it than just shooting in RAW, but I think I am one step closer now. Ok and then just one more picture. There's this bridge that must look a lot like a bridge in a Dora episode, because when Katie saw it, she said "It's the grumpy old troll bridge". So I took her over there to show her that there was no troll guarding the bridge. I caught this picture of her while we were standing on the bridge.
Oh, and I am using flickr to host my pictures now, so if you want to see larger sizes of the pictures, just click on the picture and it will take you to a larger size.

Comments

One response to “Picture, well, for the sake of pictures”

Unknown said...
January 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM

i love the new look! very nice!

Related Posts with Thumbnails