So this three year old...

...tells me the other day, that she doesn't like to be called Katie, and that furthermore, she wants to be called "Kate" from now on. LOL Well now, is that so, Miss Kate? Since when have you developed a preference for your name? :) I've always thought of you more as a Kate anyways. So ok sweet princess, I will make a concerted effort to call you Kate more often from now on. I guess that goes along with the lack of the -my syllable when you refer to me. I hardly ever get a "mommy" anymore. Well except when there is pain or tears involved or manipulation.

Comments

2 Responses to “So this three year old...”

Dasha said...
October 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM

LOL! Too funny! Sophie wanted her preschool teachers and friends to refer to her as Sophia (but she said it was OK for us to still call her Sophie). This year, in K, she asked to be called Sophie again. Go figure!! I have jokingly asked Mallory if I could call her Curly Girl or Shirley Temple (just kidding with her about her curly hair), and she in all seriousness asked me "Mom, can you just call me Mallory?" LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails