Turkey, lobster, and a mullet


This is how the Behers do Thanksgiving. We are incredibly thankful for the life that we have, for our family, our friends, just generally the life we have been blessed with. So when it comes to Thanksgiving, we like to feast. Me, I like to feast on Turkey, exhibit "A". Miguel likes to feast on lobster, see exhibit "B". Oh and yes, I like to feast on dessert. I must attempt to satisfy my insatiable need for sweets. I might tell you that I am NOT the only one who has a sweet tooth in the household and we made no less than 4 desserts. Sam was up early enough to enjoy the fruits of my brownie making, spending most of the time licking the icing. We spent most of yesterday hanging out with each other and cooking. Which in our house is something we really enjoy doing. Let me give you a quick rundown of what we made, so your mouths can water jealously. Turkey, lobster salad, seafood couscous, loaded baked potato salad, bacon wrapped scallops, mashed potatoes, tiramisu, pumpkin pie, peanut butter pie, and brownies. Add to this my sister-in-law's food which included, southern dressing, mac'n'cheese, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, deviled eggs, and probably a couple of other things I am forgetting, we seriously feasted. Also let me introduce you to Miguel's cousin from the Florida Panhandle, Billy Shadow. We were happy to have him join us for our Thanksgiving, it's been quite awhile since we had the privilege of his company.
So that's how we "do" Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving '09 was a blast, can't wait for next year's feast.

Comments

No responses to “Turkey, lobster, and a mullet”

Related Posts with Thumbnails