"Mom, let's celebrate because we have the best dog ever"


I love all the crazy things Katie says, unprompted, mind you. The title of this post was one of her many many statements to me today about Joanie. I think Kate is just a little bit smitten. As are we all, I think. Joanie is just fun. She likes to snuggle, play, run, and has really generally been a pleasant puppy. I am hoping that the trend continues and she doesn't have some sudden personality shift. Overall, she's been a truly lovable puppy with very few potty accidents. You might ask if I have any complaints? Not yet. Well, ok, only that she likes to chew on pens. This is a problem, especially if you are like Miguel and put said pen in your pocket and it proceeds to leak all over your pants, wallet, and cell phone. Oh and it gets on your hands which you proceed to place on the steering wheel. Yeah......but in any case we are already unalterably attached. She has been a wonderful addition to our family so far and I can only hope and keep my fingers crossed that it continues as happily as it has this week. I keep it in my mind at all times that she is a puppy and can at any moment exceed our expectations for disaster. In that sense, it's like a having a baby that suddenly becomes mobile and you search the ground endlessly for anything they can chew, swallow, destroy, etc, etc. I suppose in many ways, it's like having a baby in the house. I mean really, she is a baby, cause after all a puppy is just a baby dog. ;)
On other news about Joanie, we did take her to the park for the first time today. Which surprisingly she wasn't all that thrilled to see. Something about the number of cars going and coming and the numerous little miniature humans (aka children) running around, I think had her a little rattled. Probably not to mention, 15 billion different smells and the left over scents of 10,000 different dogs.

Oh and P.S.
Did you notice how I gushed about her more than a couple of times? Yeah, it's totally the honeymoon phase.

Comments

2 Responses to “"Mom, let's celebrate because we have the best dog ever"”

SurferWife said...
November 21, 2009 at 12:17 AM

OH wow! Joanie is adorable!! I'm so jealous that she is a good girl. Our 2.5 year old girl still acts like an 11 week old. No joke.

DashaD said...
November 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM

She is totally cute! Makes me want another dog! :) But, with two animals already in the house, I have to fight the temptation pretty hard! Enjoy the honeymoon phase!! It's so fun! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails