Sam is 8 months old!!


Sam w/texture

Can you believe that? He turned 8 months old on Caleb's 4th birthday. :) Which just so happens to be the day I took the above picture. As soon as I am through with all this sickness and yuckiness, I hoping to be able to do some cute and sweet portraits with him. In just under 4 months I'll be having is 1st Birthday party. Wow.....time sure does fly by so so fast!!!! So anyway, on to what he's doing and not doing, etc. :) As I am sure you all are dying to know. He still will not say "Mama", he calls me "Dadad", or so it seems to me. Incidentally, he calls Miguel, "Dad". So at least he differentiates. He's become a super clingy baby. He will happily go to anyone, BUT, he will only give you a few minutes. As soon as he sees me, he does the "jellyfish" (you know throws himself backwards like a limp ragdoll) and cries until you give him back to me. Sigh...it's cute and it makes a Momma feel needed, but all the same, it's exhausting. He's started trying to wave and clap his hands. He still does it close-fisted, but he's getting there. He is a full blown crawler. Chases me around the entire house. Get's into stuff he shouldn't. He's also a climber. Miguel and I came into the living room (it's gated with plenty of play toys) to find him on top of a box I had innocently left next to the couch, trying to climb up onto the couch. Yes, ladies he is a full blown boy. He can be mean to boot. Likes to grab noses and faces. Oh and arms to pull himself up. Yup he pulls himself up too and is starting to cruise. He's trying to get the hang of pushing around his push toys, but he doesn't have the balance yet. He likes to have us walk him around the room and anywhere really. He'd much prefer to be on his feet, but he's probably a couple of months away from that first step. But, God help me, because when this little man gets to walking, my life will be much much HARDER. He's crazy....takes after his Dad I presume. ;) So there's the update on what used to be my laid back little baby. He's totally doing a 180 on me now. In a sense I had prepared myself for that. In another sense, I still wasn't ready for it.

Comments

No responses to “Sam is 8 months old!!”

Related Posts with Thumbnails