Some conversations just need remembering.....

This convo took place in the bathroom as we were getting ready yesterday.
Katie: "Mommy, what can I be when I grow up?"
Me: "Whatever you want to be when you grow up. "
Katie: "Well then, I want to be a mommy when I grow up."
Me: sniffle...slight tearing of the eyes, because that's just so sweet..."You can be a mommy when you grow up, but you can be other stuff too."
Katie: "Nah, I just wanna be a mommy."

Of course this convo was followed up later in the day, by this question:
Katie: "Mom, how do I become a mommy when I grow up?"

I will say that I followed that question by explaining she needed to be married to a daddy first and then she could be a mommy.

So that part of the conversation was followed up this question:
"Mom, when I grow up will you help me find a daddy?".
Here's where I chuckle, and say "Sure, if you really want me to when you grow up."

LOL
I don't think that she'll be asking me for that help when she grows up. Still it's a sweet thought.

Comments

No responses to “Some conversations just need remembering.....”

Related Posts with Thumbnails